It’s the end of the year so I thought I would compile a list of my favorite highlights from 2011.
1. The Royal Wedding. There was this wedding. You may have heard about it. Some guy named Will married some girl named Kate. Just a couple of kids in love. Oh yeah, and one day, they’ll be the King and Queen of England. Enough said.
2. The Hunger Games Trilogy. Okay I know I’m a little late to this dance party and the final book in the trilogy came out in 2010 but I read all three Hunger Games books in 2011 so, in my opinion, that fully counts for this year. I absolutely adored this series and can’t wait for the first movie to come out in 2012. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that Katniss is this badass girl that has crazy unbelievable skills with the bow and arrow.
3. American Horror Story. A delightfully creepy show brought to us by the FX Network about a family who moves into a haunted house. It stars the fabulous Dylan McDermott, Jessica Lange, Connie Britton, and did I mention Dylan McDermott?
4. Revenge. Another television show, this time from the folks at ABC, about beautiful people wearing beautiful clothes living in beautiful houses and the beautiful girl who moves in next door to expose their ugly past, all in the name of revenge. Revenge!
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. The release of the final Harry Potter movie this year marked the end of an era. The fat lady has sung, the ducks are all in a row, the chickens have hatched. For over 10 years we’ve read and watched as Harry and his crew got mixed up in outrageous adventures and now it’s over and what are we supposed to do now, huh?
6. Colin Firth Wins an Oscar for The King’s Speech. Finally the awesomeness of Colin Firth has been recognized. What we’ve all known for 16 years, ever since we fell in love with Mr. Darcy, is that Colin Firth is a huge container of cool just begging to say how much he ardently admires and loves us.
7. Adele Sings “Someone Like You” (or any song from 21). Let me slap on my false eyelashes and tease out my hair so I can belt out and sing along with Adele. Because even when she sings the most depressing song ever, I still want to be her.
8. Bridesmaids. Kristen Wiig + Maya Rudolph + Melissa McCarthy + wedding = Uproarious + Entertaining
9. The NBA Lockout. I am not a basketball fan. I do not enjoy basketball. I do not enjoy watching the basketball, reading about the basketball, or listening to the basketball. Which is why, for almost 5 months, I was in basketball-free bliss while the NBA was locked out.